The objectives of the conference are:
- To provide a platform for discussion on the statistical issues of common interest to the Central and the State Statistical Organistions;
- To provide an overall perspective to the development of statistical system and to make recommendations/suggestions on issues having bearing on the development of the statistical system;
- To solve the technical issues relating to statistics;
- To set up Working Groups on specific issues/tasks relating to official statistics;
- To provide guidelines in the collection of statistics and maintenance of statistical standards and quality, besides uniformity in statistical standards;
- To consider the Action Taken Report of the follow up action on the recommendations of the previous meetings(s) of COCSSO; and
- To review the role of the Statistical Advisers in the Central and States/UT Governments.